New Member Spotlight- Mary Anne Walser
Company: Keller Williams Realty
1. What motivated you to enter your career and do what you do?
I have a legal background and enjoy negotiating contracts. I love houses. I love space. I love architecture, design, and neighborhoods. All of my interests combined make real estate the perfect career for me.
2. How long have you been in your field?
14 years in real estate. 17 years prior to that as a lawyer.
3. What other professional organizations are you involved in?
GAWL (Georgia Association of Women Lawyers), The Atlanta and Georgia Bar Associations, the Atlanta and Georgia Board of Realtors
4. Tell us something that not many people may know about you?
For seven years, I was a television news anchor in Birmingham, Alabama (the CBS affiliate, 5 and 10pm newscasts)
5. What was your first job? What was your craziest job?
First job was as a dance teacher’s assistant. Craziest job was as a dance teacher’s assistant.
6. What is furthest place you have ever visited?
China – ran the Great Wall of China marathon in 2008.
7. What is your favorite Hobby?
8. What is your business philosophy?
Exceed the clients’ positive expectations, no matter what.
9. What is your favorite quote?
“A man is about as happy as he makes up his mind to be” Abraham Lincoln
10. What types of companies/individuals would be good leads for you?
HR Managers in charge of relocation services for any size companies; small businesses looking for office space; any individual who is in the market to buy or sell property.
11. Have you read any good books or seen any good movies lately? What did you like about it?
The Dovekeepers, by Alice Hoffman. Fascinating historical fiction (my favorite genre) through which I’m learning a lot about Jewish history.
12. If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
Subscribe today and get future blog posts your email.